I have finally stopped myself procrastinating and started the read through of draft one, novel #2.
Before starting, I:
- Made a nice wall-chart of juicy quotes from Macbeth
- Studied Penelope Leach to make sure my addled parenting memory isn’t confusing what a three year old child can and can’t do
- Printed out research photos and stuck them up on my wall
- Caught up on emails
- Have been very quick to respond to requests from Sam Eades, my powerhouse publicist at Headline (who is sending out proof copies of CUCKOO as I write this)
- Made up some Ikea cardboard boxes I bought last week…
- …Boxed up old drafts of CUCKOO, taking time to look at my annotated first draft to see how much I altered (almost all of it)
- Cleared some space on my bookshelves
- Bought yet more index cards, stickers and stars
- Put Draft One in another lever arch file because the one it was in had got squashed.